Like slipping on a tailored dinner suit or that little black dress, finishing your document presents you in the very best light.
Sometimes the simplest detail can have a huge impact! Heighten visual impact and add durability to your work
The right kind of high-quality finishing can make all the difference to how you deliver your work. Whether for presentation or display, Hobs can complete your project with our mounting, laminating, foiling, binding and other finishing services, ensuring that your work looks sharp and stays sharp.
Document (Small Format) Finishing
Hobs offer a wide variety of binding and finishing options for your documents and brochures. Protect your documents and bind them to keep them safe and together, or insert into Lever Arch files with dividers for easy reference. We can even print you a bespoke lever arch file or ring binder and a set of bespoke dividing tabs.
- Bids, tenders & presentations
- Seminar training & delegate packs
- Financial documents
- Copies of legal bundles
- Copies of legal documents
- Market research documents
Document Finishing Options include:
- Front and back covers in various materials, specially printed or personalised covers and optional cover design service
- Foiling effects in many colours in small quantities
- Tabbed divider pages – fully printed dividers with a wide range of numbering options
- Hole punching, drilling and folding
- Presentation binders
- Laminating and Encapsulation of documents to make them extra resilient
- Booklet making and stapling (Saddle stitching)
- Trim and collate documents to your exact requirements
- Creasing and Scoring
Types of Binding:
We offer a range of binding solutions. To give your document a professional looking finish, choose from wire binding, plastic binding, thermal binding or perfect binding and many more.
Perfect bound books
- Approx. 20 to 240 pages
- The edges of the paper are glued together and the cover added, just like a paper-back book
- The glued edge will be hidden in the spine.
If you are interested in perfect bound brochures/books then please contact your nearest Hobs Branch to discuss how your artwork needs to be created.
Stapled / Saddle Stitched Booklets
- Approx. 8 to 40 pages
- Just like a magazine these brochures are ‘stapled’ along the spine (or stitched with metal)
- Perfect for manuals, newsletters, catalogues and programmes
- When designing your booklet, the total number of pages needs to be divisible by four.
- Approx. 2 pages to 340 pages
- Binding holes are punched in the edge of the paper and metal wire rings hold the sheets together
- There are various sizes of wires for different thicknesses of documents
- A selection of coloured wires to co-ordinate with your document.
- Wire bind with clear acetate & Hard Back
- Upgrade to heavy frosted cover, wire bind & Hard Back.
- 4, 6 or 8 pages (or more)
- A great solution for menus, newsletters and information brochures
- Ask us for some help in choosing the perfect solution for you.
- Thermal binding ‘glues’ the ends of the the pages and is covered by a cover, much like a paperback book.
- We can thermal bind upto 25mm in thickness
- A classic look where the pages are drilled and the document bound with screws
- Various sizes and colours including white, black, copper and nickel.