Michelle Haslam is the Business Manager of Hobs Liverpool & Chester, which provides a complete Bid and Tendering support solutions, alongside a vast array of printing for all kinds of businesses. Michelle has, in her words “worked for Hobs since she stopped wearing school socks”.
We stole a minute to ask her some quick fire questions –
- What three words best describe you? Fun, Frank & Persistent
- What’s your job in a nutshell? Making sure both my branches run smoothly so our customers get the very best printing service every single time.
- What’s Hobs Liverpool in a nutshell? We print, copy and design absolutely anything! We are experts at creating something that little bit different or extra special, whether that be exotic menus for restaurants, creative display graphics or one-off boxes and folders for bid submissions.
- What are you working on right now? We have an exciting project for some extra-large exhibition panels and another for some bespoke stands for Liverpool Football Club. We are also creating some beautiful A3 landscape photo-books on our new long-edge printer.
- You win a free holiday to anywhere you like – where would you go? I would love to go to Rio in Brazil and be part of their yearly carnival celebrations. It looks so exciting, uplifting and so much fun!
- If you knew it was your last day on earth, how would you spend it? At a wine tasting event. You can’t beat a good Rioja!
- Do you read the newspapers or watch TV? I would love to have the time! With my two daughters swimming four times a week, I spend most of my time at the pool.
- Do you have an embarrassing moment you’d like to share? I once came to work wearing odd boots, but I had only a few hours sleep as my daughters had kept me awake all night!
- What’s your proudest business moment? Not the day mentioned above!!
- On a weekend, are you an early alarm or lie-in? I would love a lie in, but my 7-year-old has other ideas!
- What’s your favourite weekend activity? A night out, preferably at a chilled-out wine bar.
- Are you a home cook or a take-away fiend? I am so lucky; my husband loves to cook, so I just sit down and enjoy what he has prepared!