Phil Newton is a construction print specialist for Hobs Manchester which, amongst many other things, creates bespoke tender submissions and hoardings for construction sites. Hobs Big Colour specialises in creating our biggest prints and other visual displays using printed or cut-out vinyls, plastics and other materials.
We grabbed a coffee with him to ask some quick fire questions:
- What three words best describe you? Enthusiastic, Committed, Driven
- What’s your job in a nutshell? I am the Regional Sales Manager in the North West. My main base is in Manchester where I help new and existing clients find the right services for their needs, whilst also supporting the wider North West team through TeamTender, our specialist bid service and Hobs Big Colour.
- What’s Hobs Big Colour, in a nutshell? Hobs Big colour is all our display graphics and signage services; within the construction sector we offer custom printed site hoardings, Health and Safety boards, vinyl way finding and much more. We also offer various materials (wood, metal, plastics) and digital profile cutting.
- What are you working on right now? I have two huge TeamTender projects coming up. Alongside printing the enormous bid/tenders there will be bespoke boxes, plus iPad app and website design and development. One of them is for one of our major clients for an £800million project. The bid itself has been a creative challenge to say the least; we have utilised pretty much every machine we have to create a stunning submission.
- On a weekend, are you an early alarm or lie-in? Who needs an alarm when you have 2 children!?
- What’s your coffee break favourite? Tea, Mint Tea, Cappuccino, Latte? Skinny latte (got to watch the calories)
- Tell us something people don’t know about you? I manage a local under 8s football team called De La Salle FC. I will be taking my FA Coaching badges this summer
- What’s your favourite weekend activity? I love going to our local Italian restaurant at weekends with friends and family to enjoy good food and great company (and a bottle of Red!)
- What’s your favourite film/TV programme and why? Inbetweeners – I think everyone can relate to one of the characters when they were young. I would say I am Simon!
- What’s the most inspirational book you’ve ever read? Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, incredible story of bravery
- Do you have an embarrassing moment you’d like to share? I have a tattoo on my right arm which I had done on a lads holiday when I was 17!!
- What’s your proudest business moment? Winning back one of our National Accounts from a competitor 4 years ago for the Group and still going strong with them, they have just signed a 2 year extension.
If you’re interested in talking to Phil Newton reach him at Hobs Manchester.
First Published in May 2016